As I sit here on my flight over to Hawaii, which in case I haven’t mentioned it to you yet I am VERY excited for, I feel a strange desire to add to my blog. The reason I say it’s a strange desire is because I hate to write. So here we go again…
A few weeks ago I had a very long conversation with someone who I care about very deeply regarding connecting with God and how we know if He really is there. I showed them what the bible says about seeing God and offered some of my own advice about how I see God. The conversation carried on and drifted to other topics until our time was up and we both had to get going. I hadn’t really thought much about that conversation until now, looking out my window of the plane into the dark skies, bright stars and pillow like clouds below us. At 30,000 feet in the air, when all the technology, city lights and distractions are stripped away, life seems to be very simple.
My mind drifts back to that conversation now and I start to really realize that God really is all around me. He shows Himself to us in the most simple, yet extraordinary ways. Whether it’s the fresh, white snow covering Mt. Baker and the Canadian mountains most of us experienced this past week to the simple elegance of white clouds thousands of feet below where I sit right now, God’s presence is in all of it. The beauty of His creation speaks of the character of God. And as beautiful and wonderful the fresh snow on the mountains is, or the clouds below me right now, they pale in comparison to the perfect Creator who designed them for us to experience.
“For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.”
Romans 1:20
No comments:
Post a Comment